Information Collected at Fitter Feet for Life
To aid your treatment or as part of purchasing medicine or medical devises from Fitter Feet for Life you will normally provide us with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, medical information and payment information. Fitter Feet for Life will store you information on an electronic patient record and diary system which is fully password protected.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
Fitter Feet for Life rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- where it is necessary for the purposes of the provision of health care as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your podiatry assessment and treatment, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our patients & customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Medical professionals. With your consent we will share information with medical professionals such as your GP or consultant to allow continuity of care.
- Service providers. Fitter Feet for life engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our business, such as external reception services and orthotic laboratories. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If Fitter Feet for Life were sold or merged with another business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law and with your consent.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I am legally required to.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. In the case of health records these are normally exempt from change and deletion requests.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) your receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with the Information Commissioner www.ico.org.uk.
How to Contact us
For purposes of the GDPR, Ms Nadira Jiakran and Ms Chrissie Robertson are the data controllers of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us on 0207 627 4901 alternately, you may email email@example.com or use the Contact Form.
Occasionally orthotic laboratories have large discounts on additional pairs of insoles/orthoses or we have new staff who offer treatments at a discounted rate, and so from time to time we may wish to send you direct marketing material which may include product offers and newsletters. When you visit us we will give you the opportunity opt in to receiving such material.