About Fontana Medical Lasers
Founded in 1964, only four years after the invention of the very first laser, Fotona is one of the most experienced developers of high-technology laser systems, recognized for the design, manufacture, and support of advanced solid-state laser systems for:
- medicine (aesthetics, surgery, gynecology),
- industry and defense
Choose Fotona – Choose Perfection
Fotona is fully committed to stringent testing of all components and in-house production of its medical and dental laser systems. This long-term dedication to perfection
Excellence in Training and SupportBy establishing the Laser and Health Academy, Fotona has partnered with world-leading clinical experts to provide medical practitioners with a platform for continuing their professional growth. Fotona customers receive access to professional workshops, individual training sessions, hands-on demonstrations, as well as participation in international clinical studies and international scientific symposiums. Fotona is also a founding member of the EU Competency Center for Biomedical Engineering, and of the EU technology platform Fotonika21.
When you choose Fotona, you choose a company committed to designing, manufacturing and delivering the highest performance, best made laser systems in the world.
1. Harris DM, McDowell BA, Strisower J. Laser Treatment for toenail fungus. Photonics Therapeutics and Diagnostics V, SPIE Proc. 2009; Vol. 7161.
2. Hochman LG. Laser treatment of onychomycosis using a novel 0.65- millisecond pulsed Nd:YAG 1064-nm laser. J Cosmet Laser Ther, 2011; 13(1):2-5.
3. Vural E., Winfield HL, Shingleton AW, Horn TD and Shafirstein G. The effects of laser irradiation on Trichophyton rubrum growth, Lasers Med Sci., 2008; 23(4):349-53.
4. Kozarev J, Vizintin Z. Novel Laser Therapy in Treatment of Onychomycosis. J Laser Health Academy, 2010; 1:1-9. 5. Rodgers P, Bassler M. Treating Onychomycosis. Am Fam Physician., 2001; 63(4):663-72.
5. Kozarev J, ClearSteps – Laser Onychomycosis Treatment: Assessment of Efficacy 12 months After Treatment and Beyond. Journal of the Laser and Health Academy, Vol. 2011, No.1.
6. Wanitphakdeedecha D. Treatment of Onychomycosis with a Long-Pulsed Nd:YAG Laser. Journal of the Laser and Health Academy, Vol. 2011, No.1.